Saturday, January 17, 2009

Bonne Hiver, the first chapter


I want to bask in
A beautiful winter beside you.
Walking with our minds
Interlaced
Like his and her
Fingertips brushing
In their first contact,
Blushing
in some type of
Reverie
Even the greatest of loves
Never knew.

And you,
You're like a
Beautiful Wisconsin winter all
Over again
As I step inside from your doorstep
and regain feeling
In those fingertips.

Because I saw you as
Black ice
from the moment I met you
and God,
How I want to misstep and
Sweepingly glide
Across such a magnificent terrain.
Maybe I'll get lucky and
Slide across a crack, and
We'll plunge headfirst into
Liquidated darkness
Where its impossible to discern
Why such a beautiful person
Froze over in the first place.

If you let me in,
I might
Swim towards the surface and
Amidst the shiver
And the fear,
Bask in the chance
To see the light emanating
Under the wake
To see through the same eyes
You do.

2 comments:

handheaded said...

here i thought poetry was an axe you threw at friends and enemies to see who's sticky

Anonymous said...

A bit cliché with the "something that the greatest of loves never knew" bit, but I really really like the section about black ice! Awesome metaphor.

oh and
where it's impossible